Private Lesson Study
Please read Audition Information for audition requirements and a list of faculty contacts for private lesson study. For Questions please contact Derrick Montgomary, email: email@example.com
MUS 320: Applied Music for Music Majors, 2 credit hours - AUDITION REQUIRED
- Lessons: Twelve lessons per semester. Music majors are encouraged to enroll in MUS 320 each semester; 4 semesters of MUS 320 are required. Fees: $400. Students who are enrolled in MUS 320 will automatically receive this charge on their bursar bill after the last day of drop/add/swap. Applied instruction on one medium (instrument or voice) is offered to declared music majors with this half-subsidy. To enroll, student must complete a Permission Form that is available at the audition and turn it in to the Music Department by the end of drop/add/swap.In order to enroll in MUS 320 Applied Lessons for Music Majors, students pursuing the performance track must be co-enrolled in a primary ensemble during the same semester*.
- Final Recital and Jury Performance Exam.
- Accompanist: Music Department will provide an accompanist for the recital and jury performance if deadlines are met.
- Attendance requirement: Two MUS 320 Student Recitals per semester.
MUS 310: Applied Music for Non-majors, 1 credit hour - AUDITION REQUIRED
- Lessons: Twelve lessons per semester. Fee of $800 will be charged to the student's Bursar Bill upon enrollment. To enroll, student must complete a Permission Form that is available at the audition and turn it in to the Music Department by the end of drop/add/swap.
- Final Jury Performance Exam.
- Accompanist: Student is responsible for securing and paying for an accompanist for the final jury performance exam.
Applied Music Fees
- Twelve 1-hour lessons/semester: $800.00
- Twelve 1/2 hour lessons/semester: $400.00 (non-credit only)
Fee Policy: Students must commit to study for the entire semester. All drop/add/swap policies apply. No refunds or partial refunds will be given.
Availability of Non Credit Private Lessons - No audition required
Students may take private lessons from an instructor in the Department of Music for no college credit. Non credit lessons are based on instructor availability. Lesson fees are paid directly to the instructor, based on the fee structure outlined above. Students must commit to study for the entire semester and pay instructor fee in full at the first lesson. No refunds or partial refunds will be given.To be assigned an instructor, contact the appropriate faculty member found under Audition Information.
*The primary ensembles that fulfill the requirement for the music major are: Collaborative Piano, Concert Choir, Guitar Ensemble, Emory Jazz Ensembles, Emory Symphony Orchestra, University Chorus, Emory Wind Ensemble.