Requirements for the BA in Music: Performance
Audition required to declare the Performance Track. Students also need to complete a Music Major Track Selection Form online and submit.
Performance (12 hrs)
- MUS 300 Ensemble (4 hrs)
- MUS 320 Applied Music (8 hrs)
- In order to enroll in MUS 320 Applied Lessons for Music Majors, students pursuing the performance track must be co-enrolled in a primary ensemble in the same semester.*
- Students pursuing the Performance Track are encouraged to enroll in Applied Music and Ensembles every semester until graduation. A total of 16 hours of MUS 300 and MUS 320 will count toward the 124 hours for graduation.
Theory/Analysis (15 hrs)
- MUS 121
- MUS 122
- MUS 221
History/Culture (9 hrs)
- MUS 200 Music, Culture, and Society
- History & Culture Category A: choose one course
- History & Culture Category A or B: choose one course
Electives (9 hrs)
- Choose one advanced theory and analysis course or history and culture course from the following list:
MUS 222, MUS 245, MUS 350, MUS 444, or one course from History/Culture/Theory Category C.
- Choose two electives at the 200-level or higher from any of the department's offerings.
Optional: If approved, a student may present a solo recital during the junior or senior year. Students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher may submit a proposal to present an honors recital in the music performance track. See honors guidelines for detailed information. Click here for more information.