20 hours of course work; 6-8 courses.
Courses may be chosen from any of the Music Department¿s course offerings. Students may focus a minor within a specific area, or they may take a broad selection of courses totaling 20 hours. No audition required.
To declare the Music Minor, students must fill out the OUE Declaration of Major/Minor online form for approval by the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Students may count only three 100-level courses toward the minor.
- Up to 4 hours of Applied Music (MUS 310 for non-majors) or Ensemble (MUS 300) will be accepted toward the minor. MUS 300 and 310 require a performance audition. MUS 320 will not count toward the minor in music. Audition Information
- All courses must be taken for letter grade.
- Students may count no more than 3 credit hours of Supervised Reading or Study Abroad courses toward fulfillment of the music minor. Students may not count an Internship toward fulfillment of the music minor.
- AP credit cannot be used toward the music minor.
- Oxford continuees and transfer students: At least three of the required courses must be taken at Emory. If a student wishes to use MUS 300 or 310, at least two of these courses must be taken at Emory.
Dr. Melissa Cox
Music Minor Advisor